The Diploma in Sporting Excellence is an exciting initiative that is offered to athletes aged 16-18 who have the potential to play at the top level to train in an elite environment, while continuing in full-time education.
The Diploma is delivered via six annual national training events which are supported by a variety of professionals in handball & sport science. Additional support will be delivered in conjunction with Great Britain Youth National training camps.
After a rigorous selection procedure, Alice, Ruby and Megan were selected by the England Handball Association and have already attended the first three training sessions at Stoke Mandeville.
The education programme examines:
* technical, tactical, physical and psychological aspects of handball
and areas such as:
* lifestyle management
* wider career management
* health and safety
They will :-
* develop handball skills to a high standard and understand how to apply technical and tactical skills
* better understand how to manage their career, lifestyle and mental attitude
* be able to apply what they learn to a wide range of careers, especially sports science and coaching
and have the potential opportunity of:
* full-time, discounted placements at the Handball Academy in Denmark (Former GB Training Academy).
* England and GB Representation
It also allows England Handball to measure how each athlete applies themselves to these areas.
Well done girls, and a huge thank you to your parents for all their support, alongside your coaching and support from Devon Handball Association, Bideford Blacks Handball Club and the sports department at Kingsley.