The Grenville Centre
The Grenville Personalised Learning Centre (GPLC) at Kingsley School Bideford delivers a truly specialised service for pupils who would benefit most from a flexible approach to their learning. The GPLC provides specialist support, with kindness and patience, for pupils who require a truly personalised timetable with lessons in the GPLC alongside some mainstream lessons, as appropriate.
The GPLC team enables pupils to realistically develop their intellectual, physical, social and emotional abilities. Working together with the pupils and their families, the team at theGPLC endeavour to promote high self-esteem and realise achievable expectations for all of their pupils.
The GPLC offers:
- An armoury of innovative approaches for active, independent and accessible teaching and learning
- Individualised learning plans
- Experienced and passionate staff who create a fun, accessible and exciting learning environment
- Pupils’ personal interests inform the core topics for the curriculum delivery
- An ability level, skills based curriculum whichis not year group or age restrictive
- Pupils in the GPLC are likely to choose to not access a full GCSE curriculum but may prefer a hybrid of some GCSEs with National qualifications such as ASDAN and functional/entry level skills certificates
- An extensive range of therapeutic supporting tailored to each pupil, including speech and language, clinical psychology and educational psychology
All UK based students in the GPLC will have EHCPs detailing their specific need and how these will be met. The EHCPs at the point of entry will be used as a benchmark of initial levels and inform the target setting for the subsequent academic year. Termly targets will be set in relation to the four key areas of SEND:
- Cognition and Learning
- Sensory and Physical
- Communication and Interaction
- Social, Emotional and Mental Health
Entry into the GPLC:
For a student to succeed it is essential that the Grenville PLC meets their needs. With this in mind the entry requirements are:
- An EHCP detailing the students’ needs (if UK based)
- Parent or County funding of the EHCP and appropriate financial support for identified needs
- Up to date (within the last two years) reports from appropriateprofessionals (educational psychology, paediatrics, psychiatry /clinical psychology, speech and language, occupational therapy, specialist advisory teachers, CAMHS).
For more information please contact Admissions on 01237 426200, or email: email@example.com, you can also download a copy of
The Grenville Personalised Learning Centre (GPLC) brochure