It gives me great pleasure to welcome you to our Sixth Form at Kingsley.
For many of you, this is the culmination of a journey that began some years ago. A few of our long-termers have been with us since they joined the Nursery! For others, their Kingsley school days started in Year 7, when they joined the Senior School; or maybe even earlier in the Prep School.
For others, of course, this will be your first meaningful contact with Kingsley.
The years which students spend in the Sixth Form are a vital, transitional period in their lives as they move towards adulthood and independent living and learning.
At Kingsley we have been taking big steps towards continuing to build exceptional pastoral care and making our student’s social, physical and mental wellbeing a priority. The emotional and social skills, behaviours and knowledge that are learnt in a Kingsley classroom can help our students set the pattern for how they will manage their health and well-being throughout their lives.
As expected, this new approach has positively impacted our public exam results. Our teaching team are driving this transformation with effective teaching techniques, a clear focus on the individual, extra clinics and catch up sessions, tutorials, or simply by just sitting with students at lunch to talk through their day or encouraging them to switch off and go and join the school’s afternoon surf club at Westward Ho! I believe such good wellbeing on leaving school has a far greater impact on life outcomes than purely exam success, albeit the exceptional ones of our Sixth Formers!”
Mr Craig McConnachie – Head of Academic Progress and Tranition in the Sixth Form
Here at Kingsley we offer a supportive and caring environment which strives to find a balance between allowing students more freedom whilst at the same time providing necessary limitations and restraints. Students are empowered to make their own decisions and, at times, their own mistakes, within a secure framework. Alongside their academic studies students are offered a multitude of extra-curricular and leadership opportunities and a tutorial programme designed to guide them as they make plans for the future.
It is incredibly rewarding to observe, and contribute to, the transformation which students experience during their years in the Sixth Form and to see them leave us as mature, confident and well-rounded young adults of whom we can justifiably be proud.
The headlines from our most recent public exams are……..
The average UCAS score per candidate was 148 (equivalent to 3A grades at A level) – up 12% versus a year ago
- 28% of students achieved A* grade 28% 28%
- 55% of students achieved A* & A grade 55% 55%
- 68% of students achieved A*, A & B grade 66% 66%
- 100% Further Maths grades were A 100% 100%
- 100% French grades were A 100% 100%
- 100% Chemistry grades were A* 100% 100%
- 100% Physics grades were A 100% 100%
- 100% A grades for all A-level Psychology students 100% 100%
- 78% of all Maths grades were A* or A 78% 78%
- 75% of all Biology grades were A* or A 75% 75%
- 100% Distinction * for all BTEC Hospitality students (each Distinction * is equivalent to A* at A level) 100% 100%
- 100% Distinction * for all BTEC Music students (each Distinction * is equivalent to A* at A level) 100% 100%
- 100% Distinction or Distinction * for all BTEC outdoor education students (each Distinction * is equivalent to A* at at A level) 100% 100%
Our ‘Welcome to Sixth Form‘ Brochure can be downloaded here.
Please see below for a short video introduction to Kingsley Sixth Form and another on selecting options in the Sixth Form:
Please see below short video introductions to our Sixth Form subjects: