Learning Development Centre
Kingsley School, an accredited CReSTeD (The Council for the Registration of Schools Teaching Dyslexic Pupils) school, fully understands that provision for children with special educational needs is a matter for the school as a whole. All of our teachers are experienced in teaching children with special educational needs. Lessons and activities are carefully planned so all children within our classes can participate and progress.
Kingsley School prides itself in treating each child as an individual and supporting them to achieve their full potential. Most importantly, we believe that children learn best when they are encouraged to develop the skills of curiosity, adventurousness, determination and collaboration. We achieve this through a broad and balanced curriculum differentiated to their individual needs.
The Learning Development Centre offers learning programmes to address students’ individual needs and enable them to progress and develop with increasing independence and self-belief..
By providing carefully planned learning programmes, delivered by a team of highly qualified educators, we aim to give them the skills to be proactive, resilient and thoughtful learners and to develop a lifelong love of learning to ensure that they are well equipped to become successful citizens of the 21st Century.
The Learning Development Centre team at Kingsley School will:
- Assess your child, highlighting their strengths and identifying gaps in learning, or specific difficulties, that may hinder progress.
- Deliver learning support interventions to suit your child’s needs
- Identify, embrace and develop your child’s special talents and skills
- Support, develop and extend learning for all pupils in the school
- Ensure sound development of your child; physically, emotionally and intellectually
We will offer this through:
- Individual and small group sessions to support specific learning needs
- Targeted, monitored intervention programmes to support your child in their learning
- Study skills development sessions
- Learning mentoring
- Social, emotional and mental health support (in collaboration with the pastoral care team) to raise self-confidence and self esteem
- In class support, as necessary
All Kingsley School staff are trained and well equipped to teach and develop your child as an individual and support them on their learning journey through school and beyond.
The Learning Development Centre comprises specialist teachers, learning mentors and qualified assessors who can offer the expertise to support this process ensuring your child develops the learning skills to reach their full potential.
Kingsley School offer additional support on a 1:1 or small group basis. This support targets the needs that have been identified for your child through teacher assessment, and /or through the EHCP process, educational psychologist’s report and/or additional assessments which have been carried out externally or within school. Additional support is charged per lesson and is dependent upon the number of children accessing the lesson. See (link) for current additional support costs.