Safeguarding is the action that is taken to promote the welfare of children and protect them from harm. Kingsley School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
- Protecting children from abuse and maltreatment
- Preventing harm to children’s health or development
- Ensuring children grow up with the provision of safe and effective care
- Taking action to enable all children and young people to have the best outcomes.
Child protection is part of the safeguarding process. It focuses on protecting individual children identified as suffering or likely to suffer significant harm. This includes child protection procedures which detail how to respond to concerns about a child.
These are the people at Kingsley School that are trained to help you with any safeguarding concerns you have:
Designated Safeguarding Lead
- Sarah Gosai – Assistant Head Pastoral – (Whole School) firstname.lastname@example.org
Deputy Safeguarding Leads
- Gill Jackson – Headteacher – (Whole School) email@example.com
- Andrew Trythall (Prep School) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lorayne Southam (Upper School) email@example.com
- Steve Whaley (Lower School) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Craig McConnachie (Sixth Form) email@example.com
- Ms Laura Holt (Boarding) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Miss Clare Heard (Nursery and Pre-School) email@example.com
You can speak to any of these people about any safeguarding concerns and they will direct you to the support you need. You can also go directly to the DSL if you feel you need to. If you find it easier, you can email.
Below is a link to the School’s Safeguarding Policy which has extensive information and links to other valuable resources on a range of safeguarding issues, alongside links to more information on CSE, Anti-Terrorism and the important Government document: Keeping Children Safe in Education 2018. Also below is a link to our ‘Worries? Problems? Complaints?’ poster that is distributed to every department in the school for display.
Child Sexual Exploitation – NSPCC Guide to CSE
“Lets Talk About It” Anti-Terrorism – Guide to Radicalisation
Government Document – Keeping Children Safe in Education
Worries – Worries, Problems, Complaints
Poster – Visual Key Member of Staff Poster